Grow with a team that works hard, is dedicated to the craft, and has fun doing it!
An Installer/Technician is responsible for installing, servicing, or repairing overhead doors and openers for residential, commercial, and industrial doors.
He/She provides excellent customer service to our clients and contractors; produces quality work while maintaining efficiency and follows the standards of practice set in place by Central Oregon Garage Door.
The Installer/Technician is mechanically proficient, experienced with the use of hand tools, organized, communicates well with the team, takes direction from crew leaders, and provides feedback for improvement.
Summary: Responsible for installing, servicing, or repairing automatic door mechanisms and hydraulic doors, which Includes garage door and opener mechanics for residential, commercial, and industrial doors by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs door frames, rails, steel rolling curtains, electronic-eye mechanisms, or electric door openers and closers, using power tools, hand tools, and electronic test equipment.*
- Assembles and fastens tracks to structures or bucks, using impact wrenches or welding equipment.*
- Studies blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine appropriate methods of installing or repairing automated door openers and garage doors.*
- Adjusts doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.*
- Inspects job sites, assessing headroom, side room, or other conditions to determine appropriateness of door for a given location.*
- Repairs or replaces worn or broken door parts by using hand tools.*
- Carries springs to tops of doors while using ladders or scaffolding, and attaches springs to tracks to install spring systems.*
- Sets doors into place or stacks hardware sections into openings after rail or track installation.*
- Inspects job sites, assesses headroom, side room, or other conditions to determine appropriateness of door for a given location.
- Completes required paperwork, such as work orders, according to services performed or required.*
- Collects payment upon job completion.*
- Removes or disassembles defective automatic mechanical door closers by using hand tools.*
- Applies hardware to door sections, such as drilling holes to install locks.*
- Bores or cuts holes in flooring as required for installation by using hand or power tools.*
- Sets in and secures floor treadles for door activating mechanisms; then connects power packs and electrical panel boards to treadles.*
- Operates lifts, winches, or chain falls to move heavy curtain doors.*
- Lubricates door closer oil chambers and packs spindles with leather washers.*
- Installs dock seals, bumpers, or shelters.*
- Cleans door closer parts by using caustic soda, rotary brushes, or grinding wheels.*
- Provides knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services such as including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.*
- Provides customers a complete analysis of their door system after installation or at any time of service.*
- Maintains a clean company vehicle at all times.*
- Unloads all scrap from your company vehicle at the end of each work day.*
- Re-stocks any un-used parts for jobs daily and puts away any extra materials in their designated locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb and/or balance on tall ladders and in lifts, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person